Report Concerns About a Child

Services and Support » Concerns or Complaints » Raising a Concern » Report Concerns About a Child

If you are worried about a child’s safety or welfare in Gateshead you should talk to someone immediately.

You can call the council in confidence on 0191 433 2653 (office hours) and 0191 433 0844 (out of hours).

In an emergency phone the police 999.

Children and young people with safety concerns can call Childline on 0800 1111 (free from landlines, charge from some mobile networks)

For further information click Safeguarding in Gateshead – Report concerns about a child (