If you let us know that you disagree with the decision that has been made, you will normally be invited to a meeting to try to resolve the disagreement. You can bring someone to support you at any meetings. This person could be a relative or friend, a supporter from a voluntary organisation such as Barnardos or someone from a parents’ support group. If you can’t find someone yourself, we can help you to find an Independent Supporter.

We also use Independent Disagreement Resolution (IDR) to help resolve disagreements in a quick and non-confrontational way.