Transforming care is a national programme led by NHS England which is all about improving health and care services so that more people with learning disabilities and/or autism can live in the community, with the right support, close to home and have the same opportunities as anyone else
The programme of work will ensure that families are:
- getting the support they need to live long and healthy lives
- being treated with the same dignity and respect
- having a home within their community
- being able to develop and maintain relationships and
- getting the support they need for to have a healthy, safe and fulfilling life.
New ways of working are being established to help families get the right help at the right time. One example of this is a greater focus on the Care-Co-ordination role to help families access and understand the offers of support available to them across health and social care systems. More details about the programme are set out on the NHS website.