Support for Carers

Services and Support » Social Care » Support for Carers

As the carer of a child with a disability you may be entitled to support yourself, for example, to help you get back into work, take part in leisure activities and improve your health. To find out what support you may be entitled to, an assessment will be carried out which looks at what things could make your role as a carer easier.

This could include making sure you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to, as well as information on short breaks, and practical and emotional support available to you in Gateshead.

To find out if you may be eligible for support as a carer, view our carers webpages or contact Gateshead Council’s Adult Social Care on 0191 433 7033 or email