Specialist Education Provision

Services and Support » Education » Education Provision » Specialist Education Provision

This section outlines the support that nurseries, early years providers, schools and colleges are expected to provide for children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disabilities using the funding available to them, WITHOUT the need to request an Education, Health and Care Plan needs assessment.

You can find more detailed information about how an education provider supports and makes provision for children and young people with SEN and disabilities by looking on the IPSEA Guidance on SEN Funding webpage or by contacting them directly to request this information.

View the Gateshead Inclusion Standard – A self-evaluation tool to promote inclusive schools

Maintained Schools

Maintained Schools

All children and young people in mainstream schools and academies should have: the highest possible expectations and stretching targets set for them...

read more