Independent Disagreement Resolution

Services and Support » Concerns or Complaints » Independent Disagreement Resolution

Independent disagreement resolution (IDR) is a way of resolving disagreements in a quick and non-confrontational way. 

Young people with SEN and their parent/carers can use independent disagreement resolution whether or not the child/young person has an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan. It’s voluntary for both parties in the disagreement.

Parents/carers and young people can have independent help to resolve a disagreement from Gateshead’s SEN Disability Information Advice Service phone 0191 487 4667.

Four types of disagreement

IDR can be used to help resolve four types of disagreement between: us, parent/carers and young people, governing bodies of maintained schools...

read more