The High Incidence Needs Team (HINT) now includes what was formerly known as Primary Behaviour Support and the Early Years Assessment & Intervention Team.
The team consists of teachers and teaching assistants who are specialists in the areas of:
- Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- Complex Social Communication (CSC)
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN)
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH)
- General learning difficulties
The team provide assessment, advice, recommendations and support to schools and settings providing for children and young people aged 3-25 years with High Incidence Needs.
The team has a useful Resource Pack for teaching staff working with children and young people with SEND:
This outlines strategies to use with children with a range of different needs including speech and language, listening and memory, autism and working memory.