Financial Help for Home to School/College Travel

Services and Support » Transport » Post 16 home to school and college transport » Financial Help for Home to School/College Travel

If you are aged 16-19 years at the start of the academic year and are in further education or training, you may be able to get help for education-related costs such as transport to and from college through a Bursary Fund. You could get a Bursary of up to £1200 a year if you’re:

  • In care or a care leaver
  • Claiming Income Support or Universal Credit
  • Disabled and getting Employment and Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance

If you aren’t in one of these groups you could still get a bursary depending on your personal circumstances. Ask your school, college or training provider’s student support services to see if you’re eligible in advance of your course starting.

Government Information on 16-19 Bursary Funds
Gateshead College Bursary Fund Information