You can contact Gateshead’s SEND Information, Advice and Support Service which offers free impartial advice for both parents of children with SEN and for young people. In Gateshead this service is run by Barnardos and they can:

  • explain about SEN procedures and processes;
  • help with paperwork and compiling evidence;
  • help you express your views;
  • put you in touch with Independent Parental Supporters;
  • put you in touch with other organisations/support groups that can help you and your child. 

The SEND Information and Advice Service at Barnardos can be contacted on 0191 478 4667

or email